An important aspect for any company is the choice of the framework it will work with. After all, the choice in question would define what programmers you need. More importantly, it will impact the general challenges of development that will inevitably arise in such cases. In many cases, it may be necessary to hire a Node.js development company in order to achieve something of value.
The first platform that’s of value is undoubtedly Fastify. Here are some of its features:
- Very high speed: Fastify is one of the fastest Node.js frameworks out there;
- Lightweight: Fastify doesn’t add much to the Node.js platform, keeping it more or less pristine. In this way, you have a lot of space for further configuration;
- Not mainstream: the platform in question is not popular yet. In this regard, it’s used only across a very narrow set of firms in the current conditions. As a result, the community support that you can get with Fastify is smaller than that for the other platforms on the market;
- Documentation is not as good as for other platforms available for development: the project is still in its rather early stages and, as a result, you may struggle to find the relevant information for it.
Express is one of the first frameworks to appear for Node.js. Thus, it enjoys a set of advantages that relate to this factor:
- A lot of documents for the platform exist: you can find the description of almost all functions on the web, making the platform easy to use;
- The community actively supports the platform due to its wide industry use: it’s easy to discover answers to all your questions about the framework on the Internet. Forums are full of answers;
- One of the best plugin databases: one can find extensions that cover almost every piece of functioning in the current conditions;
- Updates are not regular: Express.js does not receive support that is, in our opinion, sufficient when it comes to developers;
- The speed is good but there are better alternatives: Express, being one of the first platforms of this type, is far from being optimized in terms of code execution velocity.
Sails also has a set of strong advantages and disadvantages. Here are some of them:
- Compatibility with MVC and the majority of existing databases;
- REST API auto-generation: there’s no need to write additional code for the maintenance of this aspect;
- Slow speed: Sails.js is among the slowest platforms currently available on the market.
All in all, you have a rather significant choice when it comes to selecting the framework for Node.js development. All options have some features that can make them perfect for you and, at the same time, suboptimal for others. If you want to learn what options to choose, addressing professionals is essential. At KeenEthics, for example, can help you to make relevant choices. Don’t hesitate and try out their services today!